10 Things You Should Do During Your First Trimester of Pregnancy
March 31st, 2016
Congratulations, you’re pregnant! Now, you should start thinking about your to-do list. What things do you need to accomplish during these first three months to ensure you are ready to deliver your baby? Don’t worry — Highland OB/GYN is here to help.
We recommend doing these 10 things during your first trimester of pregnancy.
- Find a doctor. First and foremost, you need to find a doctor that will ensure you and your baby are healthy throughout your pregnancy, whether it’s an OB/GYN or a midwife.
- Make a prenatal appointment. Once you find a doctor, schedule your first prenatal appointment. Your doctor will help confirm your pregnancy and perform some tests.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Make sure you eat foods that are rich in fiber, such as whole-grain breads, pasta, rice, cereals, and fruits and vegetables.
- But, make sure you know what you can’t eat. Make a list of foods you can’t eat, such as soft cheeses, raw cookie dough, sushi and raw shellfish, to ensure that you and your baby stay safe throughout your pregnancy.
- Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated throughout your pregnancy is essential. Not drinking enough water can lead to fatigue, constipation and even preterm labor.
- Stick to a regular exercise routine. There are many exercises you can do while pregnant, including swimming, walking, stationary cycling and yoga.
- Set a budget. Setting a budget for both your pregnancy and baby will help you cut down on costs and manage your finances once your bundle of joy arrives.
- Explore maternity leave options at your workplace. Knowing your work’s maternity leave guidelines will help you when you tell your employer you are pregnant.
- Contact your insurance provider. Contact your health insurance provider and ask them about maternity coverage. This will help you save money and time in the future when your baby arrives.
- Come up with a birth plan. Decide where you want to give birth to your baby by researching local hospitals and birth centers. You can also look into other options, such as home birth.
Schedule an Appointment with One of Our Fayetteville OB/GYNs
Are you looking for an OB/GYN in the Fayetteville area that can cater to all of your pregnancy needs? Schedule an appointment at Highland OB/GYN today. We look forward to helping you deliver a happy and healthy baby.