How to Work Out While Pregnant in the Winter
December 30th, 2015
When the temperatures drop outside and snuggling up next to the fireplace sounds better than hitting the gym, it can be hard to stay motivated to work out while pregnant. Highland OB/GYN is here to help you stay fit during your winter pregnancy by offering you some simple workouts you can do indoors or outdoors.
- Running. Running outdoors in the wintertime has many benefits. Not only will the fresh air do you some good, but it will give you the energy you need to get through the cold temperatures.
- Swimming. This is an exercise that you will have to do indoors during the wintertime. There are many gyms that have pools, as well as facilities that feature olympic-sized swimming pools that you can join during the winter.
- Kickboxing. This is a high-intense cardiovascular exercise that will get your heart pumping.
- Yoga or pilates. Whether you want to do this exercise at home or your gym, it will no doubt keep you in tip-top shape during your pregnancy.
- Quick strength workouts. When you are pregnant, sometimes your energy levels can be low. If you are too tired to hit the gym, try doing quick strength workouts to get your heart pumping, like 60 to 90 seconds of squats, weight lifting or stretching.
- Workout DVDs. There are many pregnancy workout DVDs out there for you to try that you can do right at home and will keep you fit all winter long.
Contact Highland OB/GYN for More Winter Pregnancy Workout Ideas
At Highland OB/GYN, our top priority is making sure that you have a healthy and easy pregnancy. This includes giving you any winter workout tips that will help keep your fitness level up. If you need to speak to one of our Fayetteville, NC obstetricians about working out during the winter, don’t hesitate to contact us today at (910) 485-1191.